Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Summer, don't go!

I've fallen off the face of the blogging world, and a lot has happened since then. In a nutshell, summer in the US has been amazing...filled with lots of family & friends time. I've had multiple catch-up sessions with friends across the country and feel blessed to have so many great people in my life. Here are a few highlights:

In June I met up with some of my college roommates in Arizona. Here we are at the Grand Canyon.
Mom, dad, and I spent a few days relaxing, biking, picking cherries, etc. in Door County....lots of fun!

I drove out to South Dakota to see Tracy & Liz. Here we are kayaking down the Big Sioux...always a fun adventure with these girls! :)

I earned a free flight from all that flying back and forth to HK, so I went out to visit Ellen in Philly. Then we took a side trip to NYC, which was awesome! :)

Being home was quite different at first, because I needed to learn how to relax...it seems like I learned how to do that pretty well, and now I'm back in fast-forward mode as I prepare to leave for Ghana on Monday! It's snuck up so quickly! Relaxing days floating in the pond, playing tennis with my parents, sleeping in, and hanging out with friends have quickly turned into frenzied shopping trips trying to pick up last minute items that would empty my wallet were I to buy them in Africa and packing like crazy. It's going to be quite the feat to get all packed up!

No comments: