Wednesday, December 16, 2009

...to be Jolly...

I think I've mentioned before my tendency to save EVERYTHING since I've been here in Africa. I'm always trying to think of uses for things that would normally be thrown away...plastic bottles, tin cans, toilet paper rolls, shoe boxes, etc...I was starting to feel like a junk collector, when viola...I found a fun use for something! The kids have been enjoying making Christmas tree decorations out of the toilet paper rolls...here are some pictures:
Even the little ones had fun coloring! Here's Victoria, who's now home with her mother.


And...the lights went out while we were working!!!

Here's the decorated (and very tipsy) Christmas tree! :)

2 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

SO sweet! I love all the ornaments on your tree. Blessings to you Dana!

Unknown said...

Hey Dana! The smile on the children's faces are so awesome and the ornaments are great!

It is amazing to read your blog and imagine your "day-to-day" life... realize how different in is from HK- how different it is from Wisconsin... God is using you in an amazing way! Your faithfulness and obedience is an encouragement. We keep you in our prayers!

Gopffarth's