Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Farewell Party in the Village

Tonight I had a little farewell party in the village to say thank you to the people there for being so welcoming and friendly and to say goodbye...even though I'm sure I'll be back there this week. :) I just wanted to bless the people there for all the times they've blessed me in my time here. So, as I wrote yesterday, Rose and I got all the groceries at the market yesterday, and the ladies started cooking around 10 am. I had to teach until noon, so I headed over shortly after that. Our first project was picking out the "spoiled" beans, sticks, and pieces of gravel from the beans...
Seraphin was a good little helper...Look at those eyes! Precious...

...stirring the stew...
I will definitely miss these kids. It was a fun afternoon, because after the initial prep, there wasn't a lot to do except wait, so we did a lot of just hanging out with the kids. They're soo precious!
Mavis (to my left) is one of my students, and here she is with her sister, Ophelia...and I have Divine...one of the happiest, smiliest kids I've met!
The waakye is ready...let the people come! (And there was no problem there!)
Because there isn't an abundance here like other places, Ghanaians know that if they don't fend for themselves and unfortunately push to the front of the line, they may not get any. Luckily, we did have enough, but that didn't stop the mob! I did a little bit of crowd control...whew...not my career of choice! :)
...waiting...
Ahhh...waakye at last! It was definitely a hit!
The smiles say it all...worth every minute! I love you, Akotoshie #2!!!! :)

3 comments:

The Paine Family said...

What an incredible gift!! You ARE a blessing!

Emily Thompson said...

So beautiful! They will miss everything about you!

Grant Franke said...

very cool dana! it's apparent you will be missed as well as that God will continue to take care of the kids and the village. :)