Thursday, December 16, 2010

There's Nothing Like Home...

I've officially been "home" a little over 24 hours and can I just say that I'm loving America?! The first difference I recognized was the warm water on the airplane, which was quickly followed by the excitement of seeing my breath upon getting off the plane in London. When I arrived home it was negative 2 degrees Fahrenheit...that's 90 degrees cooler than when I left Ghana! But it's okay...because the snow is amazing, and it just feels so right. I haven't experienced this cold for awhile, so it brings back memories and the novelty of it makes it exciting still! :) Ask me how I feel in 2 weeks...

So, I lost my camera on the way over. It must have fallen out of my carry-on when I was flying from Ghana to London. Luckily, I had 5 hours to kill in the London airport, so I got to do some investigating...to no avail. However, I filed a report and today I called and it was found!!!! I couldn't believe it! So... there will be some "last moments" pictures soon along with some reflections when I'm feeling a bit more rested up. :)

Some highlights so far:
- I've eaten chili twice since I've been home! YUMMM!!!
- Got to spend the whole day with my mom today. :) (Shopping...note to self: shopping after not doing so in awhile is dangerous!)
- The Christmas lights and snow are beautiful!
- I'm just loving everything...it truly is the most wonderful time of the year! :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good to have you home, Dana! :)

The Paine Family said...

Welcome Home Dana!!!! Isn't it amazing going between worlds like that. VERY amazing that your camera was found, I feel like that never happens. Love you and Merry Christmas!!