Saturday, November 8, 2008

Away from HK...


Today was a great day to get away from the busyness of life as I know it lately! I went on a hike with some friends up over Cloudy Hill and into one of Hong Kong's untouched (practically) valleys. It was so beautiful! No high rises, developments, concrete paths...it was so great! I just walked through the beautiful COOL breeze (another uncommon thing in HK) in amazement of our God, the Creator of everything. He is so into the details and I was just happy I was able to enjoy it.


Then, tonight I went out to eat to celebrate a friend's birthday and home to pack for this next week, which is Week Without Walls-- our school's program where all students go on some type of trip for the week. Some are service trips, some educational, and others recreational. Mine is a mixture of a service trip and a recreation trip. I can't wait! I'll be travelling with 24 middle schoolers and 3 other teachers up to Yangshuo, China where we will have the opportunity to teach English lessons, do crafts, and play games with students at a local school there. It's going to be awesome! So, if you think of it, you can pray for me. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon and taking an overnight train up there...my first time doing this! :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great joy to hear your students singing on YouTube!
I enjoyed reading about your walk through nature too.
Here at NWC it is cold and snowy. Winter has arrived, right on schedule!
Blessings from Iowa
Laura