Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gotta Love 'Em!

I decided after 8 months of curly hair, it was time for a change. So, I decided to get a straight perm. Four hours, 4 hair washes, 2 head massages, and at least 6 different aprons later, my hair was silky smooth! As expected, I received many comments from the kids, some of which are quite funny. They are always honest...I'll give them that much! Here are some of them:

"It makes you look so weird."
"What did you do to your hair?"
"You're straight hair makes you look strict..."
"I didn't recognize you. You look like a Mandarin teacher."
"I liked it better curly." (Gee, thanks....why didn't you tell me that yesterday when my hair WAS curly???)
"You look like a banana." (Hmmm....could it have been the banana shirt I was wearing? :))

Today after school I was approached by some of my 6th grade boys asking if I'd supervise them in open gym, so I decided to do so...it is the weekend after all, and the grading can wait! I challenged them to some "Lightening", and it was so much fun. After that, I sat on the sidelines and observed as they played softball. It definitely brought back memories of those carefree elementary days playing kickball, basketball, and softball at recess! Oh, to be a kid again! Since I can't go back in time, why not enjoy the simple things in life when we're given the chances?

2 comments:

Jess said...

You should post a picture! Did you have a perm to begin with or is your hair naturally curly?

Dana said...

Yeah, I got a perm last August, so it was a pretty big difference! I'll post a picture one of these days when I take one! :)