Monday, April 13, 2009

Highlights...

What a great Easter break! I couldn't have really asked for a better unplanned weekend. Here are some of the highlights:

-playing every day by ear and having no plans :)

-sleeping in (teacher-style (8 a.m. is considered "sleeping in" for me!))

-going to Stanley Market & Beach with Maria

-BBQ night with the girls at Maria's house

-watching friends play ultimate frisbee/babysitting a very cute baby :)

-going to the flower and bird markets for the first time

-meeting up with a good friend from college (Kristin Erickson)

-making lots of progress on my support letters for Ghana

-baking strawberry bread

-being home to see the sun shine through my apt.

-a great Easter service and time of worship

-dinner with new and old friends

-reading & spending time with God on my balcony

-going to the beach today (and swimming out to those rafts that I've always wanted to go to)

-reading a good, brainless book

-catching up with family and a few friends

...Hmm...and now I need to go do all the things that I've avoided all weekend and are not to be included on my "highlights" list...i.e. US taxes! :) Maria & I at Stanley Beach after a day of shopping. We took a time out to read (and nap) on the beach! :)

No comments: