Thursday, May 14, 2009

Already?!

Wow...it's hard to believe that exactly one month from now I'll be at "home" in WI...breathing in that fresh country air and enjoying the flat, open landscape...ahhh...summer at home! Nothing beats it! I'm really looking forward to it. However, it's met with mixed feelings this year, as I know that once I leave Hong Kong, I won't be coming back (permanently, at least). It means saying goodbye to good friends, wonderful students, and a different lifestyle that I've come to appreciate. I will miss many things-- going to the ocean frequently, egg tarts, walking a lot, taking public transportation, visiting fresh fruit and veggie markets and getting good, fresh, cheap produce, being a train ride away from China, the city skyline, the amazing variety of ethnic food, a cheap cell phone bill :)...just to name a few...

However, I know that God has led me to Ghana, and for that, I'm so excited! I've been working on raising support, and have been so blessed by people who share the same vision as I do and desire to partner with me in this work. I trust that God is going to provide willing partners, and it's been a process that's stretched my faith and blessed me already. THANK YOU to those of you who have made that step of faith to support my work of teaching and ministering in Ghana. For those of you who'd still like to do so, you can contact me for details (dana.neevel@gmail.com) or visit the website of my mission, www.ecmafrica.org and click on "Ways to Give" and then "Give by check or paypal".

I also have some prayer requests to share:

- I would love to have another Western teacher join me over there, as I'm the only only one right now. While I'm very excited to meet the local staff, it'd be nice to have someone to connect with and understand my culture and where I come from.
- They've asked me whether I'd like to teach math for all the grades (1st--6th) instead of being a classroom teacher. Pray for wisdom and selflessness as I make that decision. I see pluses and minuses of both.

I appreciate your prayers so much!

No comments: