Monday, March 22, 2010

Labor of Love...

One thing I love about the kids here is their willingness to jump in and help. You can barely get a foot out of the car before being bombarded by many willing hands ready to take your groceries in. They're always ready to lend a hand.
That came in handy for me today as I am getting ready to host lots of guests in the next 2 weeks, as well as welcome a new missionary here as my roommate. As a result, today was "moving day"...with the help of 5 of the boys, we set up and/or moved 4 bed frames and lots of matresses! I was a bit intimidated by this seemingly "manly" task, but it wasn't so bad after all...especially with all the help. For their hard work, we baked up some chocolate chip cookies and I got a mini drum lesson from Eric (left) as we waited for the cookies!
Lots of laughter as we worked made a not-so-fun job not so bad. However, it feels so good to have it done...bring on the people! :)

2 comments:

Emily Thompson said...

so sweet of those boys to help you out! How'd the drum lesson go? I bet they can really play! Miss you.

Dana said...

hey Emily! The drum lesson was fun...mostly consisted of me playing the one rhythm I knew, the boys laughing, followed by Eric playing a super-long, good rhythm and me laughing, as there's no way I could possibly play it back! :) Miss you too...have fun with your parents!