Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I love...

I love parents...

Whoo hoo!!! I just finished our parent's night meeting for Week Without Walls. I will be leading a trip of 24 middle schoolers up to Yangshuo, China coming up the second week of November. To be honest, I wasn't really looking forward to the long night, but I have to say every time I meet with parents I'm so refreshed! It just allows me to have a whole new perspective on the kids I see everyday. The love and concern the parents have for their kids is so great to see. It also makes me realize that the work I do at school with these students is appreciated and even if the middle schoolers make it appear that information goes in one ear and out the other, we are making an impact on some level...good stuff!

I love my students...

Here's a few recent quotes:

Joe (not real name): comes running in my room, "Today was the weirdest day!"
Ms. Neevel: "Hey! Why's that?"
Joe: "A girl came up and hugged me...ahhh!!! so freaky..."

Susie: "Ms. Neevel, can I touch your hair?"
Ms. Neevel: "Uh...sure? Why?"
Susie: "He dared me!"
Then, they all laugh hysterically. :)

I love life...

Lately I've been virtually facebook-less, because our internet at home isn't working, and I have to say it's been pretty nice...besides falling behind on replying to friends' messages. I've loved coming home and cooking, going for runs, spending time in the Word, or reading other books...it's been so nice. It makes me realize how dependent I am on computers in general and on communication. I really thrive on communication from my friends...maybe it's time to re-consider how I spend my time.

No comments: