Monday, March 16, 2009

Fire Drills & Softball

Excluding 2 fire drills within like 2 hours, today was a pretty normal school day. It never ceases to amaze me how I can have all day to work on lessons or grading and come out of the day feeling more buried than at the beginning of the day. Oh well...there's always tomorrow! I'm learning to deal with unfinished to-do lists. :)

After school I was able to play a scrimmage softball game against the high school team. It was supposed to be teachers vs. students, but since there were only 5 teachers, we didn't want to hurt their self-esteem by whoopin' them even though we only had half as many players ;) so we had some students on our team as well. Just kidding! It was a lot of fun...definitely felt like a summer day with the sun out! Made me long for those lazy days of summer and sunshine. Yet, I'm definitely not counting down the days yet...too much to enjoy here before I leave. If anything, I want to enlongate (is that even a word?) my time here!
No...unfortunately my college friends didn't come to play the scrimmage today, but the picture goes along with the theme and brings back happy memories of intramural softball at NW!
Well, my supper is just about done...sweet and sour chicken, so I'm gonna wrap it up. Thanks for reading!

No comments: