Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Hard Reality

Today I had a meeting after school for "departing expats"...people leaving our school. While it was overwhelming to learn of all the things I need to do before I leave--involving taxes, insurance, my retirement fund, banking, and more--the more difficult part was the realization that I am in fact leaving. That hit me pretty hard this afternoon. I couldn't stop the tears.

I've learned to love it here. It's amazing how the right choice can sometimes feel so wrong. However, I know that God has something new for me, and I need to cling to the promises that He has a plan for me and that He's numbered all of my days. He knows what He's doing, but sometimes the surrender is difficult. I don't see things clearly; I can't see the full picture.

I'm sure this is just the beginning of many emotional days to come as I prepare to leave this "home" full of students, friends, colleagues, places, and memories that I love, but I trust that God will bless the rest of my time here and lead me the exact place I need to be next year. Please pray for me and keep me updated on how I can do the same for you. I hope to have exciting news to share regarding the next adventure very soon. :)

No comments: