Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mud's for Dinner!

I love it...I went to the village to read the other night and these girls who come to school at Haven of Hope (who are quite often doing "big girl chores"-- like the laundry, dishes, or cooking real food) were playing "house" Ghanaian-style. They weren't making "mud pies" but cooking "mud akple"-- a staple food here (well, minus the mud!). They were imitating exactly the way it is done...grinding up the mud, holding it between their feet the same way, and stirring it...so cute!
Enyonam, Lydia, and Patience cookin' up a storm!


Francisca, a 7-year-old student doing the real deal!

My friend, Rose, and her son, Abedenago

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that they were playing house! Seeing the children around Accra - I had begun to think of it as a luxury! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to come out and visit this weekend!

Emily Thompson said...

great! I love mud pie :o) They are so cute.

The Paine Family said...

What a precious moment to capture!! Love it!!