Sunday, May 9, 2010

Quote of the Day

As I was going out the gate for my occasional morning run this morning, I was greeted by one of our guards and he decided to greet me this way: "You are growing very fat."

So, quite shocked with his bluntness I responded with, "Oh, well...(uh) that's not good." To which he said, "Yes...your face is HUGE!" haha...only in Africa (okay...and maybe Asia too) could you get away with that!

I'll just try to remind myself that it's looked upon favorably to be pleasantly plump here in Africa...it's a sign of wealth. For me I think it's a sign of all the Reeses peanut butter cups that Ellen brought me!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was that Prince (the guard?) Or the other sweet one (shorter man?) Oh, I can just imagine how they were trying to compliment you... oh, boy! You are perfect no matter what! ~Lisa